Saturday 31 July 2010

Bit of sailing on Cardiff Bay





Spent the day sailing on Cardiff Bay. First time with 3 aboard.One person needs to be in the cabin and 2 in the cockpit or other way round when the rain started though they were kind enough to pass out my coat :-)

Have got the launching and recovering pretty well sorted now ,I do have some ideas in my head for a modification to the trailer to lift the bow up a bit as we are winching her on. At present I have to winch her up a few inches then physically lift the bow up onto the back of the trailer then winch her fully on. Its not heavy but just a bit awkward singlehanded as it could slide off again until the slack on the winch wire is taken up.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there where do you launch and were on the bay do you go sailing?
    I live in bath and am thinking of trailing my own small boat over for a day or two.
    Best wishes

    michael

    ReplyDelete